New Year. New You. Or so we always hope right?
New Years Resolutions are upon us. Have you set your goals yet? Or are you already focused and in progress? This year, Start fresh & stick with it.
MAKE 2017 YOUR YEAR TO SHINE.
Make this New YEAR about you, go ahead… be selfish and choose to take care of yourself before anybody else.
Set goals for yourself and stick with it, even if it means saying: ‘NO’ to a few things that come up unexpectedly. Or, saying ‘YES’ to things you’ve always avoided before. You will never feel your best if you don’t put a little bit of effort towards changing your daily habits and replacing the bad habits with health enhancing ones.
I personally have been working on this for years. & I consistently feel like I’m always getting a little closer to my goal, but it takes effort for sure. Set your intentions, goals and dreams and follow through each day to help you get just a little bit closer.
When it comes to your health, try these 5 easy changes out first and see how you feel.
I have a feeling they’ll inspire you to keep going in the right direction and you’ll be healthier before you know it!
- DRINK MORE WATER. An easy rule to remember…. is to drink half of your body weight in ounces. so if you weigh 150lbs, you should be drinking at minimum, 75 ounces of clean filtered water everyday. & coffee, tea and soda do not count towards your ‘water intake’. Yes, they are liquid but your body needs even more water to process when you’re drinking caffeine.Dehydration is more common than you think, and is one of the biggest culprits behinds low energy, fatigue, headaches, belly pain, and sugar cravings.
- GET MORE SLEEP. I dare you to try this. Even if you go to bed 30 minutes earlier than you normally do… try it out for a week and see how you feel.
- CONNECT WITH GOOD PEOPLE. This will make all the difference in the world to how you feel today and the stress you take on for the rest of your life. & don’t forget to disconnect from those that bring you down. Make more space for positivity in your life and do this by surrounding yourself with friends and family that make you feel good, it’s time to distance yourself from those people in your life that constantly bring you down.
- GET OUTSIDE. Just a 20 min walk outside alone, with your partner, a friend or your dog can add years to your life. (Their has been scientific research that proves this true.) Getting outside away from your computer, your phone and just enjoying your surroundings and moving your body is better for you than you may have ever realized. Make time to do this everyday. Go outside even longer when you have the time.
- EAT BETTER. It’s as simple as that. There is no magic pill, but there will always be organic fruits and vegetables just waiting to make you feel your best. Not only will they help you lose weight but they will make you feel better, give you more energy and keep you from getting sick when everyone else has the sniffles. The food you choose to puyt into your body is the ultimate marker for health. Put down the soda and have a glass of water instead. Ditch the Donut and have a piece of fruit if you need a pick-me-up at work. & lastly, remember…. you are what you eat. So, don’t be Fast, Cheap or Fake and you’ll be doing better than most americans eating the Standard American Diet these days.
HAPPY 2017 FRIENDS!
I truly hope you find the time to make this year your healthiest year yet! New Years Resolutions only work if you want them too.Are you motivated to change your life this year? Please reach out to me if you have any questions or need any motivation! Making you healthier is my passion. After all, it’s a lifestyle not a diet plan!
*affiliate link below for 25% off of my favorite beach, park and camping travel towel/blanket from SandCloudTowels.com, 10% of all sales go towards protecting our marine life and beaches … they make a great GIFT too. Click on add link below to get yours today!