6 simple ingredients. No baking required. These simple, Cinnamon Cashew Energy Bites taste like cookie dough, and you’ll love having them on hand as a quick grab-n-go snack on busy days. Made with clean ingredients & real food, you can feel good about.
I like to make a large batch (makes 20) each time I make them and freeze half of them until I eat up the first half. Or, if you have a hungry household, store them in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to one week.
They’re packed full of fiber, protein and satiating fats. Just sweet enough. Add a pinch of salt if you’d like to create a sweet & salty combo. I go back and forth with this and love the added flavor a pinch or two of Himalayan pink sea salt provides.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- A large food processor to make your life easier – just throw everything in and blend.
- IF YOU DON’T HAVE ONE – that’s ok too – just grab your cutting board & favorite knife and chop up the nuts and dates and just mix everything together, massaging everything together by hand. Seriously, either way will work. I created a very similar recipe over on Navitas Recipe Page recently, no fancy kitchen equipment required.
& for the real food ingredients:
- Medjool Dates – don’t forget to remove the pits (just pull them out with your fingers)
- Cashews – raw – not roasted – not salted. costco sells a large tub of organic cashews or I recommend buying from the bulk section of your local grocery store.
- Shredded Coconut – unsweetened, unsulfured,
- Coconut Butter – this is a pantry staple in our house. I use Artisana, you can buy it at most stores typically near the oils & ghee or find it on Amazon.
- Ground Chia Seeds – I buy regular, whole chia seeds and then turn them into a ground up powder using my nutribullet blender for recipes like this, so they help things stick together a little better & the little seeds won’t get stuck in your teeth. WIN. WIN 🙂
- Cinnamon – i love the flavor of ceylon cinnamon the best, but any ground cinnamon will do.
Official Recipe Below.
& just to give you an idea… THIS is what the Cinnamon Cashew mixture will look like before you roll it between your hands into bite sized energy balls. (Recipe makes 20)
let’s keep our life & our food – this simple.
comment below if you have any questions & let me know if you try them!