Ditch the store bought cereal boxes and granola bags and try out this amazing recipe for your very own homemade granola! Most of the ingredients should already be staples in your kitchen, making it easier and even more simple to make.
Here’s what you’ll need for the dry mixture:
- 1c rolled oats
- 1/2c cashews and pecans
- handful of pumpkin seeds (without the shell)
- handful of goji berries
- handful of dried/unsulfured coconut flakes
- 2tbsp whole flax seeds
- & for the liquid mixture:
- 1/2c water
- 1/4c pitted dates
- 2tbsp honey
- 2tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- ***all ingrediente organic if possible***
Preheat oven to 325 F
Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl
- & while the oven is preheating, bring 1/2c water to a boil in a small saucepan on the stove, add dates and stir occasionally for approx 5 minutes until soft. Pour into a small blender or food processor along with honey and olive oil and blend until smooth.
MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER
- scatter granola pieces over a large baking pan and bake for 15 minutes at 325, remove after 15 minutes, stir and place back into the oven for an additional 30 minutes at 225.
LET COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE STORING IN AN AIR TIGHT CONTAINER.
I enjoyed my granola on top of a bowl of coconut yogurt and topped with fresh organic strawberries and coconut flakes. So delicious!