Now, I can’t take credit for this recipe, but I can take credit for the photo, these are the brownies I made in my kitchen & yes they are as good as they look!
I’m sharing this brownie recipe in honor of Ella Woodward, one of my favorite food bloggers, you can check out more from her on her site here: Deliciously Ella.
These ‘Sweet Potato Brownies’ are a hit with anyone who tries them. Leave out the word ‘sweet potato’ and no one will ever know the difference.
You can also leave out the words ‘organic’ ‘healthy’, ‘vegan’, and ‘gluten-free’ for those of your friends who turn their noses up to health foods… but, that is exactly what they are, not to mention the most delicious brownies you’ve ever had! They’re almost fudge like!
There is definitely a huge difference between these amazing brownies and your conventional brownies when it comes to ingredients too. Not only do they taste great but they are so good for you. Think of it as a little superfood snack. Or just as a brownie… if that’s what your sweet tooth craves.
So what’s better than an amazing home cooked brownie? An amazing homemade brownie made from scratch, with pure plant based ingredients. No prepackaged fillers, no artificial sweeteners, no fake chocolate powder like substances…. These Brownies are pure amazingness.
Made with sweet potatoes, dates, maple syrup, almonds, buckwheat flour and cacao powder. You are going to love them, & your body & mind will too! No post sugar rush crash and headaches with these brownies.
Plus, you get the extra superfood boost from the most important ingredient. Raw Cacao powder is what gives these brownies their rich chocolatey flavor. Read this post: Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate to learn more about why you should be incorporating this superfood as a staple in your diet.
Follow this Recipe & you won’t be disappointed:
Prep Time: 30 minutes Bake Time: 20 minutes Serves: 20
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled, chopped and steamed for 20 minutes)
- 14 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- (2/3 c) two-thirds of a cup of ground almonds (use your food processor)
- (1/2 c) half a cup of buckwheat flour
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- a pinch of salt
- – a food processor
- – a steaming colander for the stove
- – a 9inch square or circular baking pan
How to Make Your Sweet Potato Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees fahrenheit
- Steam the sweet potatoes until really soft (approximately 20 minutes)
- Add sweet potatoes to a food processor along with the pitted dates and maple syrup – blend until smooth
- Mix all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl before adding in the sweet potato & date combination – stir well until evenly mixed together.
- DO NOT: I REPEAT DO NOT: EAT ALL THE BATTER 🙂 YOU WON’T HAVE ANYTHING LEFT TO BAKE WITH… ALTHOUGH YOU COULD EAT IT, USE SELF CONTROL 🙂
- Spread the batter into a 9inch baking pan
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until you can pierce the finished brownies with a fork & it comes out dry
Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool for about ten minutes – This is really important as they need this time to stick together!
Cut them into squares & Enjoy!
(Recipe Inspiration & Baking Instructions Sourced from DeliciouslyElla.com)
This girl is one of my go to’s for inspiration in my kitchen, click on the picture below to get a copy of your own Deliciously Ella Cookbook & it will take you directly to Amazon.